Austin was rocked by 6 bomb blasts in 21 days. The suspect, 23-year-old Mark Anthony Conditt of Pflugerville, Texas, was killed in the last blast. His motive has yet to be determined. Here’s a timeline of what happened.
- March 2: A package bomb kills 39-year-old Anthony Stephan House when it explodes on his front porch.
- March 12: 17-year-old Draylen Mason, was killed and his mother was injured after a package exploded inside their home.
- March 12: Hours after the second explosion occurred, police reported a third blast, confirming that at least one elderly woman was injured.
- March 18: Two men in their 20s suffered non-life threatening injuries when they triggered a bomb via a tripwire while walking their bikes.
- March 20: A bomb blast at a FedEx ground distribution facility in Schertz, Texas, injured one person.
- March 21: Just before 5 am police/FBI/ATF corner Conditt at a Red Roof Inn on Interstate 35 in Round Rock, Texas. He drove off a short distance then blew himself up in his car. Source: FoxNews.com
The bad news is we may not be finished with this person or their bombs. FBI agent Chris Combs, head of the agency’s San Antonio office, said, “We are concerned that there may be other packages that are still out there.” Source: KBTX.com
Happy 13th blogiversary! I think this is the 500th published post! Wow, 13 years, 500 posts, and many more thoughts and ideas have I written about. I think I chose the name well, teamsiems zeitgeist.
Well, I finally got my Dear John letter from YouTube. They’re raising their monetization requirements and kicking little guys to the curb if they don’t have the numbers. The new threshold is 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of view time in the past 12 months.
The Great YouTube Demonetization Controversy Continues
Folks want to blame Logan Paul for this latest policy change. He’s a popular (15 M subscribers) YouTube creator who posted a video where he showed a dead body in a Japanese forest known for hosting suicides. A YouTube spokesperson had this to say, “Sometimes our systems get it wrong, which is why we’ve encouraged creators to appeal.” (Source: The Guardian). I say sometimes they don’t get it at all, but I don’t blame Logan Paul. I blame YouTube: adopting weak business practices and morphing into a traditional media outlet replete with ass-kissers for advertising dollars.
I guess there’s Vimeo…
Twelve years ago it all started with a definition of teamsiems zeitgeist. Happy 12th blogiversary!
This 4th of July, as you’re munching on hot dogs and drinking ice-cold beer, take a moment to remember the reason for the season.
I think we should read the Declaration of Independence on July 4th like we read the Bible on December 25th. The same truths apply to today’s government as they did in 1776. The people and the politicians should always remember, “Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.” And “…whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government….”
Maybe Gary, Jill, Donald and Hillary should read it twice.
Eleven years ago it all started with a definition of teamsiems zeitgeist.
Happy 11th blogiversary!
PowerBall surpassed $1 Billion grand prize this weekend; the largest lottery jackpot ever.
When I went to check my numbers on the txlottery.org website (I won $4) I noticed the background image for the jackpot was changed from Millions to Billions. I thought that’s a trip.
The next drawing is Wednesday (1/13/2016) for an estimated 1.3 Billion dollars.
Celebrating the ninth annual Blue Beanie Day. Support Web Standards! #bbd15 http://www.zeldman.com/2015/11/29/13853/
Handgun CHL Requirements
Must be a .32 caliber or higher to qualify. There is no minimum caliber to legally carry as long as it is a legal pistol.
There is no longer a classification of concealed handgun license. If you qualify with a revolver you can carry a semi-automatic.
Number of Rounds Fired
The shooting test requires 50 rounds of ammunition
CHL Shooting Distances
The CHL Shooting test is fired at three distances:
- 3 yards – 20 rounds fired
- 7 yards – 20 rounds fired
- 15 yards – 10 rounds fired
The majority of students pass the proficiency test when they have completed shooting at 3 and 7 yards.
CHL Shooting Proficiency Test Scoring
- 5 points – shots fired in the X, 10, 9, & 8 rings
- 4 points – shots fired in the 7 ring
- 3 points – shots fired outside the 7 ring but on the silhouette
- 0 points – shots fired outside the silhouette or off the target paper
- Shots that hit just outside the ring but break the line count as the higher score
CHL Passing Score
The Texas CHL shooting test passing score is 175 points out of 250 points or a score of 70%. The state allows for three chances to pass the shooting test.
Remember, I have had students pass the shooting proficiency test with flying colors who fired a gun for the first time ever when they took the test.