Austin was rocked by 6 bomb blasts in 21 days. The suspect, 23-year-old Mark Anthony Conditt of Pflugerville, Texas, was killed in the last blast. His motive has yet to be determined. Here’s a timeline of what happened.
- March 2: A package bomb kills 39-year-old Anthony Stephan House when it explodes on his front porch.
- March 12: 17-year-old Draylen Mason, was killed and his mother was injured after a package exploded inside their home.
- March 12: Hours after the second explosion occurred, police reported a third blast, confirming that at least one elderly woman was injured.
- March 18: Two men in their 20s suffered non-life threatening injuries when they triggered a bomb via a tripwire while walking their bikes.
- March 20: A bomb blast at a FedEx ground distribution facility in Schertz, Texas, injured one person.
- March 21: Just before 5 am police/FBI/ATF corner Conditt at a Red Roof Inn on Interstate 35 in Round Rock, Texas. He drove off a short distance then blew himself up in his car. Source: FoxNews.com
The bad news is we may not be finished with this person or their bombs. FBI agent Chris Combs, head of the agency’s San Antonio office, said, “We are concerned that there may be other packages that are still out there.” Source: KBTX.com